Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The plans are here!

May 26, 2009

The plans are here!

The plans were on back order for a couple of days. I ended up ordering the plans through Cherry Tree Toys, but only because Aviation Products, Inc. does not have a way to pay online. I'm on a time crunch with this plane if I want to have it completed before the big move. Why the rush? I briefly mentioned that I have a specific paint scheme in mind. That scheme is the paint scheme of Jerry Yagen's "Double Trouble Too." That specific plane used to be based in Nashua, NH when the former owner and former Mayor of Nashua based it there.

So it would look like this:
Double Trouble Too - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Double Trouble Too Pedal Plane

You can buy the decal kits for these three mustangs;


Glamorous Glen III - - - - Paul I - - - - - - Old Crow

While those are nice, and the finished P-51 looks great, I want to do something more original. I want to do Double Trouble Too!
I leave the area in July, and I want to get a few pictures of the pedal plane with the real bird. I have asked the Virginia Military Museum in Virginia Beach for permission to do this, and they enthusiastically agreed! I will buy the components required tomorrow. I need to buy some tools too, so this will add to the total cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment